Ready to send 2015 off? Here's a list of events you should know of (and book tickets for, right now)!
Singapore saved the SG50 best for last
Four stunning events on design, art, creativity, film and the future of our city
- Singapore Inside Out | 27 Nov Fri - 6 Dec Sun | Free
Finally home after a tour of Beijing, New York and London, this weeklong showcase of Singapore's brightest bands, street artists, dancers, designers, writers, filmmakers and DJs is the best place to see what Singapore is capable of.
- National Art Gallery Opening | 24 Nov Tue - 6 Dec Sun | Free
Free tickets to a stunning building housing a wonderful collection of South East Asian art.
- The Future of Us | 1 Dec - 8 Mar | Free
Free tickets to an immersive exhibition asking the question - what is the future of Singapore? Held across from Gardens by the Bay.
- Singapore International Film Festival | 26 Nov Thu - 6 Dec Sun | Free / $12 - $25
Catch more than 150 films and a red carpet event at the Marina Bay Sands.
Now for more family friendlier fun...
Kid in tow? Head to these...
- Singapore Heart Map Festival @ Marina Bay Float | 26 Nov Thu - 29 Nov Sun | Free
A crowdsourced celebration of Singapore featuring Urban Sketchers Singapore.
- Christmas Wonderland @ Gardens by the Bay | 27 Nov Fri - 3rd Jan | Free
A European-style Christmas market lands in Singapore.
- Collider @ ArtScience Museum | 14 Nov onwards
DisCERNing parents bring kids to learn about physics.
- NUS110 Concert in the Park
The NUS Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music Orchestra plays one of my personal favourites - Dvorak’s New World Symphony. In our own UNESCO World Heritage Site the Botanic Gardens.
Secret spots and events to explore:
- Open Farm Community - what happens when the Spa Espirit group has a farm.
- Whisky Live - A is for Aultmore, B is for Bruichladdich, C is for Whisky.
- Neon Lights - target audience: Laneway-goers suffering from withdrawal symptoms in November.
- Bliss Out - Yoga, music, and of course, coconut water.
- Free the Robot Coffee - do robots drink coffee? Then again, these days, who doesn't?
- Dream a Little Green of Telok Ayer - yup, that's our own event! An afternoon of rediscovering the streets and architecture of Telok Ayer, Amoy, Stanley, Cecil.
See your CBD workplace in a new light!
28 Nov Sat 3pm | http://peatix.com/event/131075
5 Dec Sat 3pm | http://peatix.com/event/131294
12 Dec Sat 3pm | http://peatix.com/event/131295